Extraordinary opportunity to make a difference
Highland House funds a unique charity, the One Love Learning Foundation (501-3c). OLLF supports schools in Cape Town, Jamaica, and Atlanta with programs that range from music to organic farming. At the Cavalleria Primary School in Cape Town, South Africa, malnutrition is the most urgent problem facing the student body. Since One Love began helping to provide fresh produce to the pupils there, the pass rate for Ministry of Education tests has increased from 2.9% in 2008 to 44.7% in 2011.
While we are enormously proud of the contribution our projects have made at Cavalleria, we aren’t even close to being done. Today, OLLF makes it possible for each student to have fresh fruit or vegetables every other day. We think that these children deserve healthy, nutritious food every day, and we want to make it possible. We also have robust programs at schools in Jamaica and Atlanta that need everything from teachers to technology.
You can help us – and have a great time doing it!
The Highland House 50/50 Rental Program
You are called upon to help so often, and it’s hard to say yes to every request. We want to make it easier. With our unique 50/50 Rental Program, you can:
- Support your organization.
- Help OLLF fund fresh produce for the children of Cavalleria Primary School (as well as our efforts in Jamaica and Atlanta).
- Offer a unique silent auction item that is sure to garner interest and attention.
It’s simple. Auction off a week at Highland House for a minimum bid of $8,500, and keep 50% of the final bid for your charity. The remaining amount will be used to support OLLF programs at Cavalleria Primary School in Cape Town, South Africa; various schools in Jamaica; and North Atlanta High School in Atlanta, Georgia.
The package includes
- Seven nights with arrival and departure on your preferred day of week.
- Up to 12 adult guests accommodated in six suites with en suite bathrooms and sitting areas.
- Full-service travel concierge service to arrange ground transportation and meal plans.
- Live-in butler to help with everything from serving drinks to arranging tours.
- Full time maid service, including wash and fold laundry.
- Daily in-room coffee service.
- Swimming pool and yoga pavilion.
- Game room including billiards, darts, and a wet bar.
- Complimentary telephone calls to US, UK, and Canada; complimentary wireless internet access.
- Satellite TV, DVD, and surround-sound stereo.
Optional enhancements include:
- Gourmet meal plan with menus created by award-winning chefs, prepared by the house cook of 20 years, and served in courses by the staff.
- In-house spa services from manicures to exceptional massages using aloe grown on the estate.
- On-site childcare is available.
- Private driver and guide available either for a flat weekly or per-trip fee.
- While most guests never want to leave Highland House, there are all kinds of activities and areas to explore. We can help you arrange anything you desire.
Some black-out dates apply, and bookings must be confirmed 90 days in advance of arrival.
Guests are responsible for staff gratuity, meals, and any optional enhancements.
Detailed terms and conditions will be provided upon registration.